As Physical Therapists, our number one concern is helping injured patients recover more quickly and efficiently. When it comes to breaks, sprains and other injuries, clear insight is vital for prescribing a rehabilitation plan. While there are tools that can help us prescribe therapy, they might not deliver all the insights we need. An MRI, for example, can help us see the damaged areas and even the extent of the damage. This technology, however, can’t help us measure loss of ability with pinpoint precision. Reddy-Care Physical Therapy is now the only physical therapy practice in NY to own an OptoJump Next, a new technology that makes it possible to assess:
- to assess an athlete’s performance and physical condition
- to rapidly identify any muscular deficiencies and measure tolerance to various work loads
- to develop customized and diversified training based on the test results
- to periodically check the results of training
- to create a database of athletes in order to compare them with each other or to compare the results of a particular athlete in different periods of time in order to objectively determine the results of training
- to examine the physical condition of an athlete after an injury, to develop specific actions for rehabilitation and check its progress
- to motivate athletes by giving them tangible proof of the progress made, thus stimulating fruitful competition inside the group
- to significantly reduce the trainer’s workload, at the same time allowing him/her to retrieve at any time the results of tests performed even months before
When physical therapists combine this feedback with what they’ve learned from other testing, they’ll gain the clear picture they need to help patients move forward.
The truth is technology is critical for helping patients work through rehabilitation more effectively. When assessment tools are put into action, they can help physical therapists not only by providing a baseline, but also:
- Enabling you to create a more targeted program – When you can see the damage and the loss it’s caused more clearly, you can better prescribe training to rebuild.
- Giving you a way to motivate – Physical therapy can be a difficult task for patients. Motivation, therefore, is essential. Assessment tools that can be used over and again can show even the slightest advancement. Point tiny steps forward out and your patients will be motivated to keep going.
When it’s time to help patients get back on their feet, we here at Reddy-Care Physical Therapy, believe that we need the knowledge to help them. Training and assessment tools can combine with other tests to give us the big picture we need to assist our patients in reaching their goals.