My Patients Need In-Home Therapy

At Reddy-Care, we take great satisfaction in helping you maintain optimal health and want you to get rid of the pain that prevents you from leading an active lifestyle as quickly and easily as possible. That’s why we provide in-home services! If you’ve been putting off physical therapy, Reddy-Care In-Home Services is the perfect option for you.

Who Bills Under Medicare?

Part A:

  • Hospital CareSkilled Nursing Facility Care
  • Nursing Home Care
  • Hospice
  • Licensed Home Health Agencies for PT and OT

Part B:

  • Private home-therapy practices such as Reddy-Care In-Home Services
  • Outpatient Clinics
  • Continuing Care Retirement Communities

Will Medicare Pay For Me Receiving Therapy In My Home?

Yes, you can receive physical therapy in your own home. Our services will be covered by Medicare Part B. We will verify your benefits prior to treatment to make sure you have coverage for treatment in your home.

How Many Physical Therapy Visits Does Medicare Cover?

With Medicare Part B coverage, each patient gets around 20-30 visits every year. The limit for in-home services is shared with what is used for outpatient PT services. Therapy will continue as long as it is deemed medically necessary.

What Conditions Will Medicare Part B Cover Rehabilitative Services For?

Medicare Part B will cover for PT Services in your home under the following conditions:

  • Functional Impairment in Your Daily Environment
  • You DO NOT require skilled nursing care
  • You ARE NOT classified as “homebound”
  • You completed Part A therapy in the home, but still have not reached your goals or your optimal level of functioning
  • You want to reach your prior level of functional independence
  • Any flare-ups of arthritis, MS, PD, etc that significantly affects function and requires the skill of a therapist to treat.
  • Any progressive degenerative condition that may require intermittent therapy services to determine the need for assistive equipment in your home.

What Is The Cost Covered By Medicare For The Therapy Services?

The average cost of 10 visits billed under Medicare Part B is only $850. Medicare pays 80%, and typically the other 20% is paid through the patient’s secondary insurance coverage. The 80%-20% billing ratio mirrors how the patient currently pays for his or her physician visits, lab work, specialists, etc. under Medicare.

PT United Medical and Therapy Equipment Source